What is the first thing that comes in your mind when you hear the word ‘Notification’. The answer is it is most important function that enables you to give all important information regarding the applications. With each and everything right there in the notifications, it let us know all about our system. Now as you got the information of what is going on your computer you want to act on it if something is going overboard, right? You might of aware of that Microsoft has one facility like this and have given it the name ‘Action Centre’. As you can perform several actions on this information depending on your choice like whether it is necessary to act on it or you can just postpone it for some time. Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, both of them come with the best ever and most unique Action Centre, especially in Windows 10 where some more helpful tweaks are available for us.
Most of the times it seems very useful for all of us as knowing it all about the real time status of our system and is the best thing that we have but still there are some users who get annoyed of this one of the best resource for them. Yes, not many of them but some will definitely find it useless. Doing some important work like preparing a presentation for your meeting and the ‘Action Centre’ pop up again and again disturbing you in your work.
Are you also in the same group of users that are annoyed by the services of ‘Action Centre’? Do the problems faced by all of you are also same as stated above. If the answer for both the questions is ‘Yes’ then our next question for should be crossing your mind will be, how to get rid of this mind stroking problems. To be very frank answer is with us. It is very simple to bypass some settings related to the ‘Action Centre’. Without wasting the time let’s roll on some of the solutions that we can adopt to remove or disable ‘Action Centre’ on our Windows 10 PC.
You might also like: A Guide to Manage Notifications in Windows 10
There are two best agendas that we can follow to disable the so called helpful ‘Action Centre’ from your Windows 10 PC. But let us remind you very important point before you move on. It is not that necessary to remove it from your PC as for some instance it would help you or can save you from unnoticed failure or hindrances in your PC. So think one more time whether you want to do it or not.
Method 1- By Group Policy Editor
First we will work on the method of disabling the ‘Action Centre’ on your Windows 10 to set off its services and let your PC sit in a relax mode without any disturbance. We can do it through ‘Group Policy Editor’. You have to do nothing much but to follow the simple steps given below to get this tweak in function.
- To start with, you have to first open the ‘Group Policy Editor’. For this just hit Windows Key + R, this will open the RUN dialog box.
- Now you have to type ‘gpedit.msc’ in that RUN dialog box and click on Enter. You will see the Group Policy Editor menu.
- In this Group Policy Editor menu you have to jump of first on User Configuration and from there, to Administrative Templates.
- In the ‘Administrative Templates’ you will see another sub-option named as ‘Start Menu and Taskbar’. You can find all these options and sub-options in the left pane of the ‘Group Policy Editor’s’ menu.
- As you click on ‘Start Menu and Taskbar’ option, on the right hand side you will see various setting related to it.
- Double click on the option named as ‘Remove Notification and Action Centre’. It will set the option to ‘Enabled’ as shown in the image below.
That’s all you have to do in this. Before leaving don’t forget to apply the changes made by you. Now just reboot your PC to see that magic. As it come live back you will find that the ‘Action Centre’ is vanished from the task bar.
Method 2- Windows Registry Editor
Do you know that Windows 10 Home Edition does not have the ‘Group Policy Editor’ feature with it? What you will do then? Don’t worry, as we are still here. If you own Windows 10 Home Edition and if you find the previous method tricky you can opt this one. In this method you have to take help from the ‘Windows Registry Editor’. To work with this method you have to follow the steps given below.
- First things first. You first have to locate ‘Windows Registry Editor’. Open RUN dialog box and type ‘regedit’ in it. This will open ‘Windows Registry Editor’
- Now in the registry you have to navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer.
- Now a new DWORD Value has to be created and is named as-DisableNotificationCentre
- Now open this value and assign its settings to 1.
Ola. It’s done! Just go for rebooting your PC and after it, you will not find this amazing or annoying, whatever you may call it, application will be disable permanently from your Windows 10 PC.